Friday, December 21, 2012

Where's the Blog Been?


Hello and welcome back! It’s been a conundrum: when deadlines loom (or have gone screaming past), do I take the time to send out my blog, knowing that the people reading the blog could very well be the folks I owe illustrations? Would they think, “why are you wasting time and not sending me my art?” or, as a writer/illustrator, is it part of my job to keep up with the blog? Well, just today Melinda, my wonderful art director at Sleeping Bear Press, solved that problem by calling me to say, “stop sending Ozzie illustrations! We’re done for now! Get going on that other thing!” That “other thing” is an early reader book that I didn’t write, but I’m guessing that can wait ‘til tomorrow. And, let’s be clear right here: I am SO not complaining about being busy writing and illustrating children’s books.
So, on with the blog!




4 comments:

  1. Yay! Finally u r blogging again. It's gonna be a good new year. Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Illustrating children's books. How apt! So glad someone finally recognized the radiant child in you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get my hands on your books and read them for myself and my chirren! Congrats, my friend, you're such an awesome talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to see this book in print! Love these sticky's.

    ReplyDelete