Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chris Abajian

Our elation turned to grief the next morning when we learned that my little sister’s husband Chris died in a tragic hiking accident the previous day. Lesa was in charge of the kitchen at the Star of Hope dance and had been worried sick about Chris the whole night because he hadn’t returned. Chris had a reputation as an extremely cautious outdoorsman and we found out later that he and his hiking partner had actually turned back from their hike because they didn’t like the conditions. Chris also had a reputation as an incredibly talented musician, an über geek way ahead of his time with some kind of electronic music system that I can’t even describe, an I.T. genius who frequently bailed out his colleagues at the Paul Allen Institute when things started smoking, and a generous and loyal friend to many. But I mostly knew him as a loving and devoted husband to Lesa and an affectionate, dedicated and doting father to his son, Xander. To send Lesa and Xander your prayers and love, please see Lesa's Facebook page and for information about the memorial service, please go to Chris' memorial page. Here’s the design I made for a shirt I gave Chris years ago. I told you he was an I.T. guy. I had to look up H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu. And you will too. I love you, Lesa.
Lesa Sullivan and Chris Abajian


3 comments:

  1. I"m so sorry to hear this, Dana. Will be sending you and your family tons of prayers and loving thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrolling down from the happy news to this news wasn't the best way to go. Please give our love to your sister and nephew tho they don't know us at all. Hugs and love to you and Vickie. Lisa and Grant

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one who does not need to look up Lovecraft's Cthulhu, GREAT DESIGN!! We've never met, Dana, but I am a long-time friend of Lesa's from SLC and I linked to this from her FB page. Chris was an awesome geek, wasn't he? I'm sure he treasured this shirt you designed, as he treasured your sister. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete