Sunday, June 3, 2012

Laurie's First Picture Book!

Still lots of secrecy around this project (don't know why - I'm still new at this), but my good friend and fellow writing critique group member Laurie Thompson just received news that her first picture book will be published by Schwartz & Wade! Laurie's book is about Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah, from Ghana, West Africa, who was born with a deformed leg, but went on to inspire by riding a bicycle across his country. Laurie's working title is "One is Enough," but that might change. It's been so exciting reading Laurie's revisions over the months and even more exciting to know that it's going to be published! Congratulations, Laurie!


1 comment:

  1. Would you believe I am just now seeing this!? I thought I read all of your posts, but somehow I missed one -- THIS ONE! Argh!! Anyway, thank you SO MUCH. And I literally couldn't have done it without you. I'm glad we're on this journey together. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete