Monday, May 7, 2012

We're On Our Way to Italy!

We were feeling quite accomplished yesterday afternoon: all packed and pretty much ready for our cab at 7:15 the next morning. But then we went next door to have a celebratory margarita with Karyn and Mike. Very fun, but a mistake. Karyn makes one strong margarita. We stumbled home quite late, feeling like colleqe students. Drunk, sick and stupid college students. Morning came too soon and it was a bumpy cab ride to the airport. But the flight to New York was blessedly smooth. We're in the JFK Air France lounge now, starting to feel better. Our flight to Paris (then on to Rome) boards in about an hour and we're pretty certain we're going to live, so we're getting excited again. I'm writing this blog for the first time on my iPad. Can't say I like it as much as my computer, but now I just sound whiny as well as hungover. So, on to Paris to meet Hollande, their new president, and then to Rome, to not meet the Pope. We're meeting Henry and Gabriella!!! Can't wait.


2 comments:

  1. buona fortuna e auguri, Dana. No, I don't speak Italian...the Internet told me what to say ;)
    Have a spectacular time! See you next month!

    ReplyDelete